Tracing and deleting duplicate files like photos, videos, documents among others manually can be very boring and tiresome because going through thousands of files at once is not an easy task. But thanks to the advanced technology which have led to the developing of several cleaning tools which can automatically scan your system and delete all the duplicate files.
These cleaning tools are commonly known as duplicate file finder or the duplicate file reader. These tools make your work easier, all you need is to scan your system for duplicate and identical files. After the scan, you can then delete all the identified duplicates from the system by just one click.
So, today I have compiled for you a very good list of 15 best duplicate file readers that will be very handy for you if you want to delete the duplicate files from your computer. The duplicate file reader tools will save you the hustle of searching and deleting duplicate files one by one. It will also help you improve the performance of your system by recovering some device disk storage space after deleting the duplicate files.
1.0 Wise Duplicate Finder
This duplicate file finder has a great scan engine that will help you locate and delete files by comparing them using file names, file size or contents. With Wise Duplicate Finder you don’t have to worry about losing useful files because you can always recover them by using the restore function.
1. It has a backup and a restore feature.
2. It has a free version that can help you locate and delete duplicates.
3. It gives you the freedom to manually delete the duplicates or you can use
the automatic option and the program will save one automatically.
4. It has a 24-hour customer care knowledge representatives to address any
the issue that a customer might want to be addressed.
5. Secure online payment.
1. The premium version is very expensive since it involves paying monthly
2. Not compatible with all devices.
dupeGuru is an efficient duplicate file finder which helps you locate all the duplicates within your system within the shortest time possible. This duplicate file finder is free and an open source. It is compatible with most popular operating systems like Window, Mac OS and Linux.
- It supports more than 10 languages.
- It’s safe to use dupeGuru since it helps not to delete what you did not intend to delete.
- Fast and easy to use because it locates the duplicates within the shortest time possible.
- It operates in widely used operating systems making it more convenient.
- dupeGuru is customizable hence you can run the search according to your preference.
- It can sometimes crash while scanning or any system failure might occur giving the worst experience.
3.0 Duplicate File Fixer
This is one of the greatest duplicate files finders since it has a super-fast scan engine which scans all the duplicate files and folders within your system. Another exemplary feature of Duplicate File Fixer is that it also supports external storage devices, so you can connect your external storage devices and scan for duplicates.
It is compatible with most used operating systems like Mac OS, Windows, Android, XP, and Vista.
- It has a simple user interface making it easy to use.
- It is a super fast scanner of all the duplicate files within the shortest time.
- It allows you to customize the scan and search criteria.
- It has an auto mark and a delete feature.
- Supports the scanning of duplicates in external storage
- It is expensive it will cost you about $69.95 for you to purchase it.
4.0 Directory Opus
If you are tired of frustrations and limitations of windows of an explorer then Directory Opus is the best substitute for you. This unique great file manager gives you more than just duplicate files finding. It does not limit you since it is available for most devices and available in both 32 and 64 bits. This unique duplicate file finder will serve all your file management needs.
- It has a quick search engine.
- Supports a good number of devices.
- Highly efficient and easy to use.
- It also supports CD/DVD burning
- It has an option to be used as a portable USB version.
- The light version which is the free version do not have advanced features that are in the pro version, giving you no option but to buy the pro version which costs between $ 49-249 depending on the specification of the package.
5.0 Easy Duplicate Finder
This duplicate file finder allows to scan, locate and delete all duplicates in your system for free. It uses smart technology hence it is faster, efficient and reliable. It operates in both Windows and Mac OS.
- An easy and faster way of finding duplicates with 100% accuracy.
- It allows you to scan and find duplicates in Cloud storage like Dropbox, iCloud and Google Drive.
- If you mistakenly deleted and files you can use undo button to recover all the mistakenly deleted files.
- It is easy to download and install.
- One click duplicate files removal
- Only supports Windows and Mac OS therefore if you using other operating systems such as Linux you can not use it.
6.0 Ashisoft Duplicate File Finder
Ashisoft Duplicate file finder is a tool designed to help you locate and delete duplicate files from the system without the installation of any software in your computer. It also supports external devices like USB, external hard drive, among others. It supports Windows, XP, and Vista both bit 32 and 64. You can either download the free version or buy the pro version depending on your needs.
- Supports external storage devices.
- It has a photo viewer.
- It gives an option of protecting important files by adding them in a protected folder tab.
- It has a powerful search engine making the duplicate files scan easier and faster.
- You can search for the duplicate files through the local PC or over the network.
- The pro version which has all the advanced features is quite expensive since it costs between $ 39.95-499 95/per year depending on the package.
7.0 Auslogics Duplicate Files Finder
This duplicate file finder gives you an ample time to sort all your files and identify all the duplicates within your system. Auslogics is completely free to use. This duplicate file finder gives you full control after the scanning of to decide on which duplicates to delete and which ones to keep. It supports Windows, XP, and Vista.
- It is 100% free to use.
- It uses an advanced algorithm to scan for the duplicates hence it is faster and more efficient.
- It has a rescue center where you can discover all the files that you deleted by mistake.
- The full version with all advanced features is a bit expensive.
8.0 Duplicate File Detective
This duplicate file finder helps you find all the duplicate files within your system with a lot of ease. With this duplicate finding tool, you can scan multiple folders, removable storage, drives or even network shares in just one click. It is compatible with Windows, XP, and Vista in both bit 32 and 64 of these operating systems. It gives you a 15-day trial period to help you evaluate its efficiency before committing for the premium version.
- It has advanced searching and filtering options.
- It exports data to PDF, HTML, CSN, and MS Excel file formats.
- Uses SmartMark technology to select the duplicates.
- User level reporting which tells who owns the duplicate.
- It is safe, trusted and guaranteed
- It is very expensive to buy.
9.0 Duplicate Cleaner
Duplicate cleaner simple and friendly user interface makes it easy to use to find duplicates and delete them within seconds. It gives you full control over your search since you can narrow down your search by file type, name, size, dates, and more. It supports Windows and Vista operating systems.
- It a simple user interface making it easy to use.
- It has an advanced search engine for locating the duplicate files.
- It has automatic selection feature.
- Duplicate Cleaner is very unique since it can locate duplicate photos even after editing.
- It only supports two operating systems.
- It is expensive since it involves the payment of premiums.
10.0 SlimCleaner Free
SlimCleaner Free is a community software that will help you optimize the operations of your computer by helping you to find and delete all duplicate files within your system. It is compatible with Windows and Vista. This duplicate file finder is completely free to use.
- It has other helpful feature like inbuilt anti-virus scanner.
- Free to download.
- It has 3 different scan option that you can choose from.
- It also has disk management features.
- You can customize your search according to your preference.
- You will need to pay certain premiums depending on the version you have chosen.
11.0 Comodo System Cleaner
Comodo System Cleaner has a lot to offer beyond tracking duplicate files and deleting them. It also has three cleaning tools like Registry Cleaner, Disk Cleaner, and Privacy Cleaner. This duplicate file finder tool can also protect your computer from external risk. It is compatible with Windows and Vista.
- Data loss prevention.
- It has a 24 hours customer knowledge representative to assist in case of any problem.
- It provides secure email and website gateway.
- It has advanced cleaning tools which makes it easy and faster to locate and delete the duplicates.
- It has several features making it a bit difficult to use.
- It is expensive.
CloneSpy is a handy duplicate file finder that helps you locate and delete all identical files within your system. It gives you several search options making it more effective This software can also detect files with no data which are just jamming your disk space.
It is compatible with Windows, XP, and Vista.
- It gives you room to customize your search.
- You can move files to a specific location of your choice.
- Completely free of charge to use.
- It has advanced and super fast search tools which make scanning and deleting of duplicates very fast.
- Its installation is quite difficult and you might need a techie to assist.
13.0 Puran Utilities
Puran Utilities is a very unique software with more than 20 software utilities which can help you improve the performance of your computer. Among its software utilities is duplicate file finder which enables you to scan and delete all the duplicates within your system hence keeping your computer clean. Puran Utilities supports Windows and Vista for bit 64. This software is free.
- It is completely free to use.
- It has a super-fast search engine that enables you to locate the duplicates within seconds.
- It is not only duplicate file finder it offers more than 20 different computer maintenance help.
- It is too much packed making it a bit complicated to use.
Anti-Twin is a simple software application that enables you to compare that enables you to search for identical files within your system. Then all duplicates files can either be sent to recycle bin or deleted directly.to free up your disk storage. It also has advanced search options that allow you to search for the duplicates using either file names, size among other options.
It supports Windows and XP.
- It is free of charge to use.
- It has an advanced search engine which makes it very efficient to use.
- It easy to install.
- It can be installed on external storage like a USB memory stick and used from there.
- It was last updated in 2010, therefore it lacks some of the recent technological advancements.
15.0 Duplicate File Hunter
Duplicate File Hunter is another powerful Duplicate file finder that enables you to locate and delete all the duplicate files within your system. It automatically selects the duplicates for you. It is compatible with Windows and Vista.
- Free of charge to use.
- It has a simple and friendly user interface making it easy to use.
- It has advanced features like auto selection, and the ability to customize your search.
- It ignores the system Windows and Program files folder during the scan for duplicates.
As you use your computer over time it gets loaded with a large number of unwanted files. Among the unwanted files are the duplicate files as well. It if you were to remove the duplicate files manually it will take you several hours to complete the task. But with the above listed duplicate file finders, the task is always done within seconds making your work easy and simple.
These listed duplicate file finders have amazing benefits and importance to assist you in recovering your precious and limited disk device storage space. This will make your system more organized and prevent small problems in your computer like hanging while you are using it.
I hope this list has been of great help you, feel free to drop your comment or any suggestion of any other Duplicate file finder that I did not include in the list.