Linux is used by a large population of people all over the world due to its great features and outcomes. However, it lacks Download Managers that can aid in downloading any form of file online.
This is the opposite when it comes to Windows where you will find Download Managers which makes your work easier when it comes to downloading a given file.
Features like Free Download Manager and Internet Download Manager are one of the main aspects that people eagerly want to use at any time when using their computers. However, Linux distros lack all these.
You might be wondering how can I download a file or video on Linux OS. This is pretty simple as there are a number of Download Managers that you can have in your device to help you in downloading files on Linux. Hence, let’s take a look at 15 Best Download Manager for Linux.
1. PyLOAD MANAGER
Pyload is a very efficient file download Manager for Linux. It is written and programmed in Python language. This downloader manager is easily manageable mostly on website pages. Pyload file download manager aids in supporting a number of protocols such as HTTPS and HTTP.
- Easy and simple to use.
- Has the ability to download multiple files at the same time.
- It is very efficient and dependable when downloading files.
- One may fail to understand the Python language if not translated.
2. kGET DOWNLOAD MANAGER
kGet Download Manager comes with a package of unique features which makes it user-friendly and quite efficient in downloading files on Linux. Linux has the ability to support protocols such as HTTPS, HTTP, and FTP. while using kGet Download Manager you are able to pause and retrieve downloading files.
This shows that kGet is highly efficient and can be preferred at any time you are using Linux. Let’s take a look at some distinct features of KGet Download Manager.
- Ability to download Metalink files with multiple URLs
- Ability to support various protocols such as HTTP, HTTPS, and FTP.
- Ability to resume and pause downloaded files.
- It is easy to use and efficient.
- It is able to download many files at once given the download speed of each downloading file.
- Due to the ability to download many files at once may cause a computer crash.
3. MULTIGET DOWNLOAD MANAGER
This Download Manager is free and user-friendly when using Linux. It has a GUI which makes it easy to use when downloading files on Linux. With its great features, it comes written in C++ programming language which makes it efficient and easy to use.
- Ability to pause and resume to downloading files.
- Able to carry out clipboard monitoring.
- Able to support HTTP proxy, FTP proxy, SOCKS 4 among others.
- Multiget supports protocols such as HTTP, HTTPS, and FTP.
- It has a GUI which makes it easier to download files on Linux.
- Can download many files at once.
- One can be able to pause and resume to download files.
- It may be hard to understand the C++ programming language.
4. PERSEPOLIS DOWNLOAD MANAGER
This Download Manager is absolutely free and you should consider using it today in downloading files on Linux. It has a GUI for Aria 2. Aria 2 is a command-line download manager that has been preferred by many on Linux. This download manager is written Python language and mainly developed for BSDs, Mac, Microsoft Windows, and Linux Distributors.
- Has the ability to develop queuing
- Offers scheduling downloads
- Ability to search and download videos and files on Youtube, DailyMotion, Vimeo, etc. when using Linux.
- It is a very efficient file downloading manager.
- It is fast and easy to use.
- Can download many files at once.
- It may lead to over queuing due to its ability to download queue.
5. uGET DOWNLOAD MANAGER
uGet is a lightweight yet powerful Open Source download manager for GNU/Linux developed with GTK+, which also comes packaged as a portable Windows app.
- Multi-Connection Downloads
- Download Youtube
- Browser Integration
- Clipboard Monitor
- Batch Downloads
- Advanced Download Categories
This Download Manager is not a program like the other download managers. Instead, it is a Firefox Plugin. By Firefox Plugin it means it can be installed in a variety of devices such as Linux, BSD, OSX, Max, and Windows among others. It has a variety of features as follows;
- Ability to download all images as well as links on a website.
- Ability to download multiple files at the same time.
- Ability to auto-grab downloaded links from Firefox browser.
- Capable of customizer a number of settings for the integration between Firefox and DownThemAll
- Easy and quick to use and download files.
- Can download a lot of files at the same time.
- AIds in the integration between Firefox and DownThemAll
1 .it might be hard to use since it is not a normal program like the other download managers.
This Download Manager is easy and quite efficient and dependable when it comes to downloading files. It has the ability to download files at the same time given the download speed of each downloading files. SteadyFlow is able to stop and resume the downloading activity that was ongoing. Another feature this download manager has is a nice and clear GUI. Let’s take a look at some of the great features this download manager has in general.
- Has a great GUI developed by GTK and Library.
- Has the ability to support Google Chrome through an extension commonly called ChromeFlow.
- It is able to take in and run given commands after downloading is completed
- Its latest version is 0.2.0 which is very efficient.
- It easy and simple to use.
- You can download a lot of files at once.
- Has a great GUI which makes it efficient.
- Might be hard to use it on Google Chrome if one has no extensive knowledge of how to use Google.
8. FlareGet Download Manager
It has 2 versions. Between the 2 one is free while the other is paid for. These 2 versions work best on Linux and Windows. Here are some of the great features that will make you want to use is today.
- Has a great GUI which is available in 18 different languages.
- Ability to auto-grab videos on YouTube.
- Can support various protocols such as HTTP, HTTP, and FTP.
- Ability to auto-grab which are the URLs from the clipboard.
- It is very efficient in downloading files.
- Can support a number of protocols in your device such as FTP etc.
- Has 2 versions which give one an option to consider.
- Has a paid version which is a limit many people.
9. XDM-Xtreme Download Manager
XDM Downloader Manager is among the best and most used Download Manager by Linux users. It has the ability to download files at a speed of 500% that is according to its developer and it was written in Java. Let’s look at the feature XDM Download Manager has.
- Ability to pause and resume the downloaded files.
- It can be used on a number of websites when dealing with multimedia files such as Youtube, Vimeo, MetaCafe, etc.
- Has the ability to support a variety of protocols such as FTP, HTTP, and HTTPS.
- XDM has a great GUI that works similarly to Internet Download Manager.
- The latest version is 3.03. Which is very efficient in downloading files.
- It is easy to use when downloading files.
- If you need a lot of files at once, it can download those files at the same time.
- It can also be used on websites that use multimedia files such as Youtube, Vimeo among others.
- There might be some confusion in the many files that are downloaded at the same time.
10. CHRONO DOWNLOAD MANAGER
This download manager is very incredible and works well on Google Chrome. The downloading activity is done in a browser tab, therefore, you don’t require a separate App to work with when downloading the files.
The download management of this download manager is on the top of the game thus you should resort to using it today when downloading your files. Chrome and Chrono are integrated together using menus, key shortcuts, and toolbar buttons. The Chrono download manager is able to download a load of files on Chrome, Linux, Mac and Microsoft Windows.
- It is able to download a bulk of files at the same time.
- It is an easy and efficient download manager for Linux users.
- It works best on Chrome even without a separate application.
- It might disadvantage Linux users since they have to download a separate application to make it a success in downloading files.
11. TURBO DOWNLOAD MANAGER
Turbo Download Manager has unique features that make it recommendable for Linux users all over the world. This makes it a multi-threading download manager for Opera and Chrome since they both have a browser extension. When it comes to Mac OS, Linux, Windows, and Android exist as separate applications. You can be able to improve the downloading speed. With Turbo you can keep track of your files in an unstable internet connection whichever place you might be.
1.Has the ability to multi-thread
- It allows one to pause and resume on downloading files.
- Can be used even in situations where the internet connection is low.
It can download a tonne of files at the same time.
- It is unique and efficient in downloading files.
- One can easily download a number of files at the same time.
- You can pause and resume on the downloaded files.
- It might fail to work in cases when there is no internet.
12. WEBUI-ARIA 2
This download manager is the simplest of all to use on Linux. It aims at creating a good and admirable world interface as well as integrate with Aria2. All you got to do is download it, open index, HTML in a given browser.
- Easy and simple to use when downloading files.
- Can download many files at a time
- Maybe able to fail to work on some major browsers.
This is a free download manager that aids in retrieving files on various browsers. It does not allow interaction since it is a non-interactive command tool thus it can be retrieved from c jobs, scripts, etc. It is able to support HTTP, HTTPS, and FTP protocols.
- Wget is simple and efficient to download files on Linux.
- Is able to support protocols such as FTP, HTTP, and HTTPS.
- Aids in retrieving files on a number of browsers.
- It is a non-interactive command tool
14.Teleport Pro Download Manager
This Download Manager is an all-purpose and efficient tool that aids retrieving data online on any given web page. It has over 10 retrieval threads which make it very unique and effective to use on Linux. This Download Manager is able to read HTML 5, DHTML, CSS3 among others.
- Has great features that make it effective in downloading files.
- Easy and fast to use when downloading files on Linux.
- Can be used to read HTML, DHTML, CSS3 etc.
- It might fail to effectively carry out project scheduling
15. HTTrack Download Manager
This download manager is free software that can help in retrieving and downloading files on a variety of browsers. This browser can be easily used offline. With HTTrack download manager you can download a World Wide Website to a local internet source. This download manager can be best used on Mac OS, Android, Microsoft, Linux among others.
- It can be best used in downloading a lot of files at ones.
- It can best be used on a World Wide Web.
- It is easy and best to use when downloading files.
- Interrupted files can be resumed and downloaded.
- Can update a website that is already existing.
- The integrated help system of HTTrack might fail to work making it hard to download files.
Linux might not have download managers and users may find it hard to use it, but the good news is that you can get download managers that you can use. Hence, these are among the best download managers that you can resort to using as a Linux user. You can feel free to share this article with your friends and also check our page for more related articles.