If you are a gamer you might have probably come across this popular name “Hamachi” in your search for a virtual LAN server. There are several computer multiplayer games that you can enjoy playing with friends during your free times. But sometimes if your friends are away and you guys want to play the only option you have is the use of virtual networking service.
This is where Hamachi becomes handy and probably you might have used it or heard of it. But if you don’t know what it is, Hamachi is just a virtual LAN network that can be easily be set up with a lot of ease in just a few minutes and it will enable you to secure remote access to your created network from anywhere if there is an internet connection.
Hamachi offers a free account and a premium account which costs $49 per year. The premium Hamachi version will allow you to connect between 6-32 computers within one network. Using the free Hamachi version comes with several limitations, for example, the free version only allows up to 5 computers connection within one network and users of the free version of Hamachi have reported several cases of high latency which ruins there gaming experience.
If you are tired of this awful experience of using LogMeIn Hamachi or just looking for better Hamachi alternatives then we got you covered. Today, we have compiled a list of 15 top rated and best Hamachi alternatives that will enable you to create a virtual LAN gaming server that will enable you to play with your playfriends from whenever they are and give the best gaming experience. Kindly read on to know what are these 15 best Hamachi alternatives that you have.
NetOverNet is one of the best Hamachi alternatives that you can give a try. With this great Hamachi alternative, you can create a virtual network with all its IP address universally accessible and permanent. It offers a wide range of affordable plans that you can choose from depending on your needs. For the free version you will be able to connect a maximum of three devices, for the base version which is $ 5 per month you will be able to connect up to 8 devices, advanced version which is $ 10 per month allows up to 16 devices and the XXL version which costs $150 per month allows up to 16 devices connection. Its high speed per second and ability to connect without IP related problems makes NetOverNet one of the best Hamachi alternative.
1. Fast and reliable connection
2. Connect without IP related difficulties.
3. All data shared through the virtual network are encrypted therefore, your data is always secured.
4. It is compatible with any computer running Windows or Mac OS.
1. The free version and base version accommodates connection of very few devices
GameRanger is one of the best Hamachi alternatives that you can settle for. It is free to download for both Mac and Windows and allows you to play over 700 games and demos online with your friends from any part of the world. It offers great features like instant messaging, in-game voice communication, friends list, profiles, and rankings. It has a free plan, a Silver plan which is charged $19.95 per year and a Gold plan which costs $ 39.95 per year.
- High level of security making your data highly secured.
- It has no connection lags.
- Given it uses its own client pings are very low.
- The premiums are very affordable.
1. The free version has fewer features as compared to the premium versions.
2. The free version has ads which make the gaming experience very bad.
This Hamachi alternative saves you the hustle of installing unnecessary bloatware into your system. Wippien is one of the lightest VPN creators software which is just 2MBs.This open source software is absolutely free.
- Completely free to use for both personal and commercial purpose.
- Requires less memory for installation since the software is only 2MBs.
- It has instant messaging features with support of popular protocols like Google Talk, MSN, AIM among others.
- You can adjust it to suit all your needs.
1. The application only works well with Jabber and Gmail accounts it does not
Support other email services for registration.
This is one of the best Hamachi alternatives for creating your personal virtual LAN. It is compatible with all the devices (Mac OS, Windows, iOS, Android and Linux). You can use the free version or subscribe for the premium version so that you can get the advanced features for either $ 29/per month for the basic plan or $ 100/per month for a professional plan.
- It is an open source and it comes with free Android and iOS apps.
- Easy to use since there are no problems with port forwarding.
- Unlimited devices
- GPL license
1. The free version has limited features while the premium version with advanced
Features are quite expensive.
This free open source, multi-platform, peer-to-peer VPN software that creates a LAN over the internet is one of the best Hamachi alternatives that you can shift to. It works with both Windows, Linux, and Mac OS.
- It is completely an open source.
- You can customize it according to your preferences.
- It has a high level of security hence your data are always secure.
- It has high stability and performance rates hence you will have the best gaming experience.
- Completely free
1. Not easy to install.
6.0 Radmin VPN
Radmin VPN is free software that is easy to use and you can use it to create a virtual private network hence making it one of the best Hamachi alternatives that might be your next gaming software. The free version of Radmin VPN does not limit the number of gamers. It has great features such high speed per second that will give you the best gaming experience.
- It has a high connection speed of up to 100Mbps.
- High level of reliability, it does not malfunction after a certain period of operation.
- It is very easy to use.
- High level of security since it provides you with a secure VPN tunnel.
- It is difficult to install and you might need an expert to assist.
SoftEther is a short form of Software Ethernet. SoftEther is a multi-protocol VPN software which is very powerful and easy to use making it one of the most ideal Hamachi alternatives that you can shift to. Currently, it is compatible with Windows, Mac, Linux, Solaris, and FreeBSD. SoftEther is completely free.
- It has a simple interface which makes it easy to use.
- It has strong resilience against firewalls.
- Advanced encryption which offers you high privacy level.
- It is completely free no monthly subscriptions.
- It does not support a large number of languages.
This is a free online service that enables you to form and manage your own virtual private network making it an outstanding Hamachi alternative that can serve your gaming needs. It has a simple user interface making it easy to use. It is comp[artble with nearly all devices like Windows, iOS, and Linux.
- It is free of charge to use.
- High level of security since your data is highly encrypted.
- Easy to install and uninstall. And when uninstalled it leaves no traces.
- A simple interface which makes it easy to use.
- It does not have some advanced features hence limiting the user in certain areas.
Player.me was formerly known as Evolve. This is one of the best Hamachi alternatives if you looking for more features than just normal virtual LAN gaming. Evolves has inbuilt LAN support for nearly all the popular games and it also has features like party mode and matchmaking Use can use the free version or the party plan which has a premium rate of $ 4/ per month.
- It allows for live streaming and recording of games.
- It offers an ultimate gaming profile for its users.
- It has over 100 professionally designed overlay templates.
- It has a full community specifically for gamers
- It has a complicated user interface making it difficult to use.
P2PVPN is a software that also provides a virtual private network, therefore you can use it to connect your computer with another computer from anywhere over the net. Its outstanding features like a simple user interface and its basic features make it a better alternative for Hamachi.
- It is an open source.
- It has a simple user interface making it easy to use.
- Usable without a central server
- Free of charge.
- High security
- Since 2010 the developer has not upgraded it and no current maintenance therefore if you use it and an error or a problem occur it may be difficult to find a solution to the problem.
NeoRouter allows you to create and manage LAN private networks over the internet. It is compatible with all popular operating systems like Mac OS, Windows, Linux among others and also available in apple store and play store. If you looking for highly secure connection while playing then this a great Hamachi alternative.
- High level of security features.
- Gives you remote access from anywhere, anytime from any device.
- It has a fast speed making ideal for gaming.
- It has a free version.
- The free version does not have an advanced feature and the premium version with the advanced features is very expensive ($99/per month).
Tunngle is a virtual private network that allows connecting your computer with other networks in any part of the world hence you can play with anyone despite their geographical location. This software is free, all you need is just to download and register. Tunngle is an interesting Hamachi alternative that I am sure you will like.
- It is free of charge.
- Anonymous gameplay
- International LAN gaming
- Its black and red interface makes it a bit difficult to use.
Remobo is very handy when you want to create your own virtual private network. You can send invites to your friends and enjoy gaming. It also allows you to send and receive files from you your Remobo friend list. This makes it a better alternative to Hamachi.
- It is free of charge to use
- It is easy to set up and use.
- It has a high level of security.
- Sometimes it crashes hence it can give you a bad gaming experience
14.0 Port Forwarding
This Hamachi alternative is a bit complicated and difficult to use to novice users. But if you are a techie give it a shot I am sure you will like it. With port forwarding worries about third-party clients messing up your computer and settings since you have full control.
- It has a fast speed that will give the best gaming experience.
- An unlimited number of connected users.
- Completely free of charge.
- It is difficult to use since you will need to set up ports for each and every game you want to play.
By using TCP shipment OpenVPN creates a tunnel that offers high internal security making it one of the best Hamachi alternatives that you might settle for.
- Highly secured.
- Completely free
- Easy to use.
- It lacks supportive transports that are essential for multiplayer gaming like IPX AND UDP hence you have to use bridging mode.
It’s my greatest desire that this list of 15 best Hamachi alternative has given a choice of better software that will improve your online multiplayer gaming experience. All the best dear gamers, feel free to comment in the comment section for any Hamachi alternative that you think is very good but I didn’t mention.